Healing the mind and body through sound frequencies | Brainwave States | Meditative and Trance States
The use of sound frequencies for healing is the most ancient healing technique, with documented use though many human cultures. Shamans use the beating of drums, and the sound of chants, and in the yogic tradition the use of gongs and mantras and chants goes back thousands of years. In the yogic tradition a very sophisticated system developed, where certain sounds, or syllables resonate with specific chakras. A fine tuned healing modality was created around the chakra system.
The 7 Chakra Frequencies
Each chakra resonates at a specific frequency.
- Root Chakra – Root – Muladhara – Red – 432 Hz
- Sacral Chakra – Sacrum – Swadhisthana – Orange – 480 Hz
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Naval – Manipura – Yellow – 528 Hz
- Heart Chakra – Heart – Anahata – Green – 594 Hz
- Throat Chakra – Throat – Vishuddha – Light Blue – 672 Hz
- Third Eye Chakra – Brow – Ajna – Indigo – 720 Hz
- Crown Chakra – Top of Head – Sahasrara – Violet – 768 Hz
The spectrum of colors of the rainbow reflected through the human energy body, ROYGBIV, with the spectrum of sound following hand in hand.
Sound Therapy and Chants
For thousands of years, scholars of different cultures, especially ancient Indian and Himalayan cultures have been aware of the effects of sounds on the human body. Western research is rudimentary and slow to catch up, but for examples research such as the Gateway project supports the use of sound to heal the mind and the body, These research projects shows that even high-frequency sounds that are imperceptible to hearing affect a person’s brain activity. The brain is capable of interpreting vibrations that are imperceptible to the ears. The use of chants and mantra;s are developed with these brain vibrations in mind.
Shamans also know that different frequencies of sound are capable of manipulating human consciousness and even causing changes in consciousness, demonstrated by trance states resulting from the singing or beating of drums.
The vibrations of the beating of drums of shamans to induces a trance state, and altered brainwave pattern, where an altered state of consciousness provides the foundation for spiritual healing otherwise invisible to us.
The power of harnessing sound frequencies in order to cause various states of mind is the most powerful mind-altering tool that humans have.
Vibrations of instruments such as singing bowls and gongs are used to create light waves of vibrations that are aimed at readjusting the mind.
One the strongest healing methods is the use of Chants, or Bija Mantra which literally translates to “seed syllables”
Sanskrit is a holy language, and the development of the seed syllables create a specific resonance on the palate, which in turn heal each chakra system.
Since this is the most powerful tool, your own voice that is, that means that you are the most powerful person available to you, and no outside person is needed for your healing. Self healing is available to us all. Even silently repeating mantras in your head is more powerful than any other healing modality in existence. This is a strong claim, but thousands of years of documented use proves this, and we can just sit back and wait as Western research finally catches up to the deep knowledge of ancient Mysticism.
Solfeggio frequencies have been associated since ancient times with the creation of sacred music, which is believed to promote healing. The solfeggio scale is more commonly associated with the Latin language and Latin Mass, and Latin, just like Sanskrit, is a holy language.
Again, here are the main Solfeggio frequencies as they correspond to the chakra frequencies:
- 396Hz – This is a low and smooth frequency that helps cleanse feelings of guilt, fear, and trauma. It is associated with Muladhara (Root) Chakra.
- 417Hz – Helps to bring on positive change and creativity. This frequency is known to help relieve stress and tension, helping to loosen tight muscles and joints, which increases physical mobility. 417Hz is associated with Svadhishthana (Sacral) Charka.
- 528Hz – This frequency brings about transformation and miracles in a persons’ life. It is particularly good for anxiety, pain relief, weight loss and to help rewire neural pathways in the brain. It is associated with Manipura (Solar) Chakra.
- 639Hz – The frequency of love and healing. It is deep and profound and connected with intimacy and vulnerability. It serves as a foundation for healthy relationships and inter connectivity. Its Chakra relationship is Anaharta (Heart).
- 741Hz – Deals with empowerment and speaking ones’ truth. 741Hz is helpful for generating ideas, clear speaking, creative thinking and increasing self-confidence. Vishudda (Throat) Chakra is the main beneficiary of 741Hz.
- 852Hz – The frequency of reconnection with the spiritual and higher order thinking. It cuts through illusions, helping one to see themselves with clarity in their environment. This frequency connects us with deep dreams, astral projections as well as connecting us with our authenticity. Ajna (3rd Eye) is the Chakra related here.
There are a few more frequencies revealed through deeper research: 174Hz, 285Hz and 963Hz.
- 174Hz – The lowest of the Solfeggio Scale acts like an energetic anesthesia. It is great for reducing pain in the physical self. Its slow, low soothing qualities helps us to feel more safe, grounded and secure.
- 285hz – Is most beneficial in targeting your energetic field, by addressing blockages and holes in our aura and misalignment in the Chakra system. 285hz is the frequency of choice for a lot of energy healers.
- 963Hz – Connects us with Universal Wisdom, higher realms, and dimensions. It assists with contacting ascended masters, the higher self and spiritual channeling, it is said to create strong ethereal connections to worlds beyond. 935Hz can also be related to Sahasrara (Crown) Chakra.
Solfeggio frequency 174 Hz could work as a natural anesthetic, “painkiller”. It can help to relieve pain, physically and energetically. It can give the organs a sense of security and love, thus encouraging them to work optimally.
If you need to relax deeply and allow yourself to heal your pain and everything that worries you, we suggest you use the rising frequency of Solfeggio 174 Hz.
Solfeggio frequency 285 Hz can help us with healing damaged tissues and organs due to its amazing ability to help us remember our inner spirit.
The 285 Hz tone affects our energy fields in such a way that it “sends a message” about the restructuring of damaged organs and tissues. This makes it extremely useful in the process of healing wounds, cuts, burns, or any other form of damaged tissue you may have.
In this way, the 285 Hz tone awakens the memory program of source, healing us, our internal organs, and our energy.
Solfeggio frequency 396 Hz is designed to dissolve negative thinking, negative emotions, and destructive behavior. The 396 Hz tone looks for hidden blockages, subconscious negative beliefs, and ideas that distort our energy system and lead to adverse effects.
The frequency of this tone also works to reduce guilt and fear. It is a powerful tool for achieving goals, which activates the Root Chakra, releasing the energies of courage, strength, resourcefulness, will, and the ability to survive.
Solfeggio frequency 417 Hz carries an energy that leads to change. This frequency clears past traumatic experiences and destroys the devastating effects of negative events.
The frequency of 417 Hz corresponds to the sacred chakra and the note “Re.” Speaking of cellular processes, the D tone adjusts cells and cellular functions to work optimally.
The 417 Hz frequency connects us to an inexhaustible source of energy that can change our lives.
The 417 Hz tone is used to help us move from one life to another to dissolve the energies that accumulate in the energy system.
These accumulated energies of unfulfilled desires, frustration, and dissatisfaction can become so dense and create such blocks that we lose our sense of interest and “freshness” of life. Then everything becomes boring and meaningless.
Solfeggio frequency 528 Hz correlates with the solar plexus and the note “Mi,” which comes from the phrase “MI-ra gestorum”, meaning “miracle” in Latin.
528 Hz is known as the “miracle” tone, which brings wonderful about extraordinary changes. 528 Hz is the frequency of all botanical life on earth.
This is the frequency of love. 528 Hz is the frequency of the Sun, which explains the obvious connection that the effect of this tone has on the solar plexus.
Solfeggio frequency 639 Hz allows us to create a harmonious community and harmonious relationships. The 639 Hz tone is associated with the sound Fa and the heart Chakra.
You can use it to ease problems in relationships: in the family, between partners, and with friends. This frequency strengthens relationships, tolerance, and love. The frequency 639 Hz can also be used to communicate with the spiritual realms.
Solfeggio frequency 741 Hz corresponds to the note “Salt” and the throat chakra. Solfeggio 741 Hz frees us from all superficial, extraterrestrial influences, subordination, and dependence on outside ideas and world views.
In this way, the path to our true self-expression opens up for us. Listening to Solfeggio 741 Hz leads to the incredible growth of creativity, generating creative ideas, and achieving our goals.
Frequent use of Solfeggio 741 Hz can help with our journey to a healthy, simple life. It can assist us with dietary changes. For example, you might begin to subconsciously choose foods that are not poisoned by toxins.
This frequency also helps clear the cells of various types of electromagnetic radiation. Another important application of Solfeggio 741 Hz is the possibility to help with purification of infections: viral, bacterial, and fungal.
Solfeggio 741 Hz promotes a pure, stable, and spiritual life, filled with the joy of creativity and true self-expression.
Solfeggio frequency 852 Hz is associated with the note “La” and the third eye chakra. This frequency reveals the ability to see through the illusions of your life, restores the original ability to see and communicate with beings from the subtle world, and awakens clairvoyance.
The very term “Ajna,” which is used to denote the sixth chakra, means “Perception.” We become able to perceive the world in a unity of material and spiritual.
Solfeggio frequency 852 Hz opens the ability to perceive and communicate with higher consciousness, helps us connect with our inner light, and returns us to the definition of ourselves as spiritual beings.
The use of Bīja Mantras is even more sophisticated than the use of sound frequencies, and this is a topic deserving a post of its own. Each seed syllable carries within it a fully grown tree of wellbeing, and incorporating to use Bīja mantras is your self healing practices is like using a laser instead of a regulars light bulb. The corresponding Seed Syllable for each chakra is:
LAM (LUM) Red Root Chakra
VAM (VUM) Orange Sacral Chakra
RAM (RUM) Yellow. Solar Plexus Chakra
YAM (YUM) Green Heart Chakra
HAM (HUM) Blue Throat Chakra
OM (OM) Indigo Third Eye Chakra
Silence (OM) Purple Crown Chakra
There is SO MUCH MORE to the mystical uses of Bīja, but it is simply is too extensive for this post, but look for a future post on the use of Bīja Mantras!
Below are some examples of how to incorporate sound healing into your own daily practice. Remember, you are in full control of self+healing and also, your spiritual growth, none of this is related to chance, destiny or luck! The power is in your hands, in your sound.
Dr Anna Bäck